Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Goodreads Challenge 2014

Goodreads is probably my all time favorite website. I spend more time on it than on Facebook and twitter combined. I love taking quizzes and playing the never ending trivia game, writing and reading reviews, entering contests for free books, making friends and keep track of what I read and what I want to read in the future. My favorite feature of the website however, is their Reading Challenge.
Since joining Goodreads back in 2011 I have joined to book challenge. What is nice is that every individual sets their own goals, either by page number of book number. The previous two years I have set a goal of 100 books in a year. In 2012 I got close, only reading 98 (had I not gone out with my best friend for new years eve I would have for sure finished number 99 and possibly 100 if I didn’t do anything all day but read).
I ended 2013 by reading 107 books. Yes, I beat my goal! It wasn’t easy, I took a spring course in Scotland and I work two jobs (sometimes three when the photography season gets busy). So it can be difficult to read so much, but I prioritize reading about watching TV and sleeping.
Now that it is 2014, the time has come to see a new goal for books I plan on reading. Again, I plan on reading 100 books, but I know how crazy that might be. Working 17 + hour days has become semi normal for me, but books are important and I commit to reading nearly two books a week.




No comments:

Post a Comment